My lovely sister-in-law’s birthday fell on Superbowl Sunday this year, so I wanted to make her a special treat. She is not a huge fan of cake, but told me she liked cupcakes, either yellow cake or strawberry. I immediately went to Vanessa for ideas since she is the baker in the bunch. I needed something that would be simple enough for me to pull off, but that would also be a hit with all of the party-goers, and boy did she deliver. These cupcakes were delicious and very simple to make. I absolutely recommend them to anyone who is new to baking and is looking for something simple and scrumptious!
1 pkg Yellow Cake Mix (prepared)
1 can Sweetened Condensed Milk
1 pkg JELL-O Vanilla Flavor Instant Pudding, 4 serving size
1 pkg Cool Whip, thawed
1 cup Water
4 squares BAKER’S Semi-Sweet Chocolate
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Prepare cake batter and bake in 24 greased medium muffin pan cups as directed on package. Cool in pans 10 min. Remove to wire racks; cool completely.
2. Whisk together condensed milk and water, add pudding mix and mix. Place in fridge for 10 mins. Fold in cool whip and refrigerate until you’re ready to use.
3. Meanwhile, use serrated knife to cut cupcakes horizontally in half (it is important cupcakes are cooled completely before this step).
4. Layer berries on bottom half of cupcake if using, then spoon about 1 Tbsp. of the pudding mixture onto bottom half of each cupcake; cover with top of cupcake.
4. Microwave remaining 1 cup whipped topping and the chocolate in small microwaveable bowl on HIGH 1-1/2 min. or until chocolate is almost melted, stirring after 1 min. Stir until chocolate is completely melted and mixture is well blended. Let stand 15 min. to thicken. Spread onto cupcakes.