Ladybug Baby Shower

By Vanessa on March 03, 11

A few weeks ago, Emily posted this wonderful Advice Ribbon Board tutorial she made for a baby shower we planned together.  We had so much fun planning Laura’s sister’s shower and I wanted to share some of the details.  This was our first time working together on an event . The three of us (Laura, Emily and I) designed the entire party and made all the decorations and desserts. We had a an “arts and crafts” day at Emily’s house and also brought stuff in to do on our lunch breaks.

I was super excited that Lisa chose a ladybug theme for her nursery, I’m in love with red and white polka dots so I already had TONS of ideas.

Let’s start with my favorite part… dessert.

Not just dessert, a dessert buffet

Mini  vanilla cupcakes with a heart on top <3

Chocolate dipped Pretzels and Oreo pops

Marshmallow Truffles and Coconut Macaroons

Jello Floating Berry Parfait

How cute are these cupcake scented hand sanitizers?  They even leave a trace of glitter on your hands, ha!

Now Lunch Time!!

Even the cutlery matched :)

Sugar rimmed cups make the lemonade taste even sweeter

Let the games begin!

Attendees were asked to guess which feature mommy Lisa would like her baby to have from her or her hubby

We posted baby pictures of Mommy and Daddy to help give clues to the guests

Prizes for the game winners

Before the shower was over, we asked each guest to write down a piece of advice for the mommy and daddy-to-be.  The advice cards were posted on Emily’s ribbon board and gifted to Lisa for the baby’s nursery.

Congratulations to Lisa and Fred on their beautiful new addition :)

*Peace Love & Cupcakes*
Vanessa

P.S. I totally heart Link-Up Parties

designdazzle.blogspot.com notjustahousewife.net sugarbeecrafts.com

skiptomylou.org brandyscrafts.blogspot.com/ firefliesandjellybeans.blogspot.com

www.alittletipsy.com www.theshabbycreekcottage.com www.aglimpseinsideblog.com

www.iheartnaptime.net

Related posts:

20 Responses to “Ladybug Baby Shower”

1. Debbie says:

I am curious to find out what blog platform you happen to be working with?
    I’m experiencing some minor security problems with my latest site
    and I’d like to find something more risk-free. Do you have any
    recommendations?

2. Ag says:

I would like to know if you’re on Pinterest so I can pin your ladybug baby shower items.

3. By adding rare earth metal salts to the mercury vapor lamp, improved luminous efficacy and light colour is obtained.

They are the light bulbs that look like a folded tube of glass.
    “Before I got through,” says The Wizard from New Jersey in an interview, “I tested no fewer than 6,000 vegetable growths, and ransacked the world for the most suitable filament material.

4. Tonia Conley says:

Can you please email me how to make to make the oreo pops and pretzels with what kind of chocolate to use. Again my email is trc.1969@yahoo.com thanks.

5. JEANIE PENNINGTON says:

Can you email me how to make the ladybug pretzels. Thanks

6. Kristina says:

Hi wondering if you could email me the template for the lil lady water bottle label’s thank you!! kristina.trim@gmail.com

7. Do you have a spam issue on this website;
    I also am a blogger, and I was wondering your situation;
    we have developed some nice practices and we are looking to exchange techniques with other folks, why not shoot me an email if interested.

8. Kayla says:

Could you please tell me detailed instructions on how you made the oreo pops and what kind of chocolate you used? Please and thank you. My email is kdubs90@gmail.com

9. Molly says:

I was able to find recipes on how you made other Oreo’s on a stick – but was wondering if you could email me or post the products you used for the ladybugs! Thanks

10. judy says:

Wow this is just what i was looking for!we are getting ready for our 3rd”bug” in juneMy daughter KT”ladybug,KT but”is the first,niece Amybug aka little bug is now mama bug and baby bug will here soon so of course we have to do a ladybug shower and this gives me a lot of ideas that we can make.as we make more then we buy thanks for sharing

RSS feed for comments on this post. And trackBack URL.