Vintage Circus Birthday Party

By Vanessa on June 25, 11

In a house filled (to the brim) with fancy toys that light up, talk, play music, and make you breakfast… my little Essa’s favorite toy in the whole world is his old school Jack in the Box.  His second favorite thing to play with is balloons…big, small, inflated, deflated, filled with water, he looooooves balloons.  When it came time to plan his 2nd birthday party, a Big Top Circus theme was the first thing that came to mind!

I had so much fun planning this party but it was definitely A LOT of work.  My husband and I actually designed and built the tabletop canopy structure out of like wood..and nails…and paint… it was really cool!  Neither of us really have any experience in this sort of thing, but it was a really fun weekend project.  We seriously didn’t think it would come out half way decent but when it was done, we were thrilled with the results!!

For lunch, we had circus themed food including hot dogs, corn on the cob, nachos & cheese, french fries and soft pretzels.  I put out plastic nacho trays, paper hot dog trays, and paper cups to serve the food so that the kids could run around and play while they ate.

(yes, I see the grammar mistake in my sign and am very disappointed. I didn’t notice it until I started editing my pictures… grrr)

Everyone had fun sporting their clown noses and Ringmaster mustaches.  What’s not to love about a handlebar mustache, right?

We had an amazing time with our favorite friends and family!  Thank you all for celebrating with us.

This party has been featured on these fabulous blogs:

*Peace Love & Cupcakes*

Vanessa

Related posts:

148 Responses to “Vintage Circus Birthday Party”

1. [...] a spread on this vintage inspired circus party! It’s [...]

2. Jessie says:

Where did you get red & white tarp? Awesome job! Planning a circus theme party for my daughter.

3. Glenda says:

Do you mind sharing how you built the canopy? I would love to make one for my daughters birthday. Thanks.

4. najwa says:

Wow, God bless! I love the vintage circus party. Fabulous!

5. Jane says:

I’d love to build a similar table canopy. Did you follow or plan, or would you be willing to post a “how to”? Thanks!! Great post :)

6. Carrie. says:

Love it! Where did you find such cute marshmallows for the dumbbells?

7. Stephanie says:

These look like Starbucks Frappuccino bottles to me. I have reused mine several times for parties and they work out great!

8. Anne says:

Do you happen to remember where you bought your milk bottles? I’ve been looking all over the internet for some that are the right size and the ones in this post look perfect! Thanks for your time – the party is adorable! I’m doing something similar and loved your ideas!!!

9. Jess says:

Love what you did! I am planning a circus themed party for my son right now. Where did you get the red and white striped awning from? Thanks!

10. Sabrina Lucas says:

Amazing job, bravo! Your party turned out fantastic! Our sons party is 3 weeks away and I asked my hubby to build one so hoping u can give some directions. He is very handy but I would like I give him some direction as well as know where u purchased the fabric. I have already been to Joanna and haven’t had any luck. Hope to hear from u soon! Thx so much!

RSS feed for comments on this post. And trackBack URL.