Vintage Circus Birthday Party

By Vanessa on June 25, 11

In a house filled (to the brim) with fancy toys that light up, talk, play music, and make you breakfast… my little Essa’s favorite toy in the whole world is his old school Jack in the Box.  His second favorite thing to play with is balloons…big, small, inflated, deflated, filled with water, he looooooves balloons.  When it came time to plan his 2nd birthday party, a Big Top Circus theme was the first thing that came to mind!

I had so much fun planning this party but it was definitely A LOT of work.  My husband and I actually designed and built the tabletop canopy structure out of like wood..and nails…and paint… it was really cool!  Neither of us really have any experience in this sort of thing, but it was a really fun weekend project.  We seriously didn’t think it would come out half way decent but when it was done, we were thrilled with the results!!

For lunch, we had circus themed food including hot dogs, corn on the cob, nachos & cheese, french fries and soft pretzels.  I put out plastic nacho trays, paper hot dog trays, and paper cups to serve the food so that the kids could run around and play while they ate.

(yes, I see the grammar mistake in my sign and am very disappointed. I didn’t notice it until I started editing my pictures… grrr)

Everyone had fun sporting their clown noses and Ringmaster mustaches.  What’s not to love about a handlebar mustache, right?

We had an amazing time with our favorite friends and family!  Thank you all for celebrating with us.

This party has been featured on these fabulous blogs:

*Peace Love & Cupcakes*

Vanessa

Related posts:

148 Responses to “Vintage Circus Birthday Party”

1. [...] can be found at the Blog529. Big compliments are sent her way for sharing such a sweet [...]

2. [...] What a neat idea, a vintage circus birthday party. The sweet circus treats must be amazing. See more pictures and read more about this on blog529.com [...]

3. Barbara says:

Hi, very cute party idea!! the strongman dumbbells are those made marshmellows? and if so where did you find the colorful marshmellows?

Thank you!!

4. Molly says:

Hi. Did you make all of the printables or purchase them?

5. Mariana Snyder says:

Hi Vanessa!
    Im gonna have my son’s 1st birthday party in brazil and i love your ideia! I would like to know if i could buy the printables and if you would do it in portuguese?.. I would give you all the spellings… How much it cost?..
    Please let me know…
    Thanks
    Mariana

6. Tasqeen says:

Love this! Could you please explain how to build the canopy for the dessert table? Did you work from a template? Thanks. :)

7. Laurie Tilley says:

Hi. Awesome party. I’m having a carnival themed party Sept 15. Love your signs for food. Where did u get them or ate u wiling to share? They are exactly what I have been looking for. Pls help!!! Thanks so much

8. Kerry says:

Hi there
    Love all the details you put into this. I am having my son’s first birthday Sept 9th with the circus theme using many of your ideas, thx. One question, the details on the table. My husband and I are both handy but would love to know how some details around how you made the table, awning etc.

Thank you.
    Kerry Geddis

9. Tina says:

Everything turned out great! Where did you get the red/white stripe popcorn cupcake holder?

10. Mary Margaret says:

Where did you find your decor? Were you able to order all of it from one site?
    thanks!

• Vanessa says:

My decor was purchased from many different places and many items were handmade. Some good resources for a circus theme party are Hobby Lobby, Party City, Dollar Tree, and Detroit Popcorn (they have an online site). Good luck!

RSS feed for comments on this post. And trackBack URL.