Now that we’re less than a week away from October, I finally feel I can officially start posting Halloween stuff! I’m so excited to share these Frankenstein Marshmallow Pops that I designed for my kids’ Halloween party last year. My son Abe and I had such a fun time making these. He came up with all different kinds of scary variations for Frankenstein but this was the official party version
What You Need:
Makes Approximately 18
- Regular Size Marshmallows
- Sugar Cookie Glaze ~ 3 Batches -> Click Here For Recipe
- Green food coloring
- 1/2 lb chocolate candy melts
- 18 pairs of google eyes (These can be found at any craft store or your local cake/candy supply shop. You could also use round candies if you can’t find google eyes)
- Black edible marker
- 18 lollipop sticks
- Block of foam
- Color your sugar cookie glaze to desired shade of green
- Place Marshmallow on lollipop stick and dip into sugar cookie glaze. Tap to remove excess glaze.
- Stick dipped marshmallow into foam block to dry. Glaze may drip a bit as it dries. If this happens, use a toothpick or lollipop stick to remove excess glaze.
- Allow to dry for a few minutes before attaching the google eyes.
- Once eyes are in place, allow your pops to dry completely. Go catch a movie or get a pedicure, this will take a couple hours….Be sure that your pop is completely dry before going to the next step.
- Melt chocolate candy melts in according to package directions and place in a cup.
- Dip the top of your marshmallow in the chocolate. Allow the chocolate to drip down a bit, use a toothpick to pull some of the chocolate down so that it looks like Frankenstein’s hair (see close-up photo below). Allow to dry for a few minutes.
- With the black edible marker, draw a scary mouth… and some stitches for good measure!