In celebration of the upcoming Eid Al-Adha (Festival of Sacrifice), which falls on November 6th this year, I wanted to share this fun Lamb Oreo Pop tutorial! Since traditionally lamb is to Eid Al-Adha as turkey is to Thanksgiving, I thought it would be fun to make some little lamb themed treats
What You Need
Makes Approximately 15 lambs
- Double Stuff Oreos (Regular or Golden)
- 1 lb white candy melts
- 15 chocolate candy melts
- Chocolate Covered Raisins, cut in half
- White Sugar Pearl Sprinkles
- 15 pairs of candy google eyes (can be purchased at most craft or cake supply stores)
- Lollipop Sticks
- Parchment paper
- Melt your white candy melts in the microwave according to package directions and place in deep cup
- Open up on your Oreos, dip the lollipop stick in melted candy and press it into the Oreo Cream. Place the top half of the Oreo back on and allow to dry for a few minutes.
- With a toothpick or a lollipop stick, dab some melted candy on the back of each google eye and place two eyes on each chocolate candy melt.
- Working in batches of 5, dip the entire Oreo into the melted white chocolate. Shake off access chocolate and place on parchment paper. *Tip – I like to wipe the back of my Oreo against the rim of my cup so that the melted candy doesn’t create a puddle. The back might not look as good but the front will look better!
- Once you’ve dipped 5, go back to the first one and place a chocolate candy melt on for the head. Place half a chocolate covered raisin for each ear.
- Sprinkle white sugar pearls to resemble wool
- Move on to your next batch of 5 and repeat (I recommend working in batches of 5 to allow a few minutes for the white candy melts to set)
- Allow to dry completely and package in some cellophane lollipop bags and ribbon.
Isn’t he cute? These lamb Oreo pops would also be great for Easter or a barnyard themed birthday party! Hope you enjoyed my tutorial!