I know I’ve been a little delinquent on my posts the last couple of months. This time of the year is my favorite for baking and creating, but unfortunately my boys and I have had trouble fighting off the germs this season I have all kinds of fun ideas swirling around in my head but every time I get all my ingredients purchased and ready, I come down with another cold, grrrrr. I hope to be better by this weekend so I can make a mountain of Christmas cookies and treats to give out… wish me luck!
In the meantime, I wanted to share this easy peppermint cupcake recipe I made for a work holiday party last year. Peppermint is definitely my favorite flavor of the season and I’m always finding ways to incorporate it!
What You Need:
Makes 24 mini cupcakes
- Favorite Chocolate Cake Recipes – homemade or box cake mix
- Vanilla Frosting
- Peppermint Extract
- Red gel food coloring
- Mini cupcake liners
- Mini muffin pan
- Plastic piping bag fit with a star shaped decorating tip
- Make chocolate cake mix according to directions. Add 1/4 tsp of peppermint extract. (I find a little goes a long with with peppermint extract)
- Line mini muffin pan with liners and fill a little more than half way (tip: use a mini ice cream scoop to make uniform sized cupcakes)
- Bake according to directions and allow to cool completely
- Mix in 1/4 tsp of peppermint extract into vanilla frosting
- Using a wooden skewer or food safe paint brush, paint verticle lines of red food coloring inside your piping bag
- Fill piping bag with vanilla frosting, careful not to smear your red lines too much
- Pipe small swirls on top of your mini cuppy cakes.
- Taste test a couple of cuppy cakes
Mmm… maybe I’ll make these again this year. I think I have all the ingredients on hand too!!
*Peace, Love, & Cupcakes*