My awesome sister introduced me and my boys to the Cut the Rope app game and we’ve been addicted ever since. I realize that this game has been out for a while now but I’m kinda slow with these things. I must rely on my younger, more trendy sister to keep me in the loop :/
Over Christmas break, we went on a family trip to an indoor water park but ended up spending most of our time in the arcade… at the crane game… trying to win my crazy boys each a Cut the Rope Om Nom toy! After many many dollars spent, my husband finally managed to win one. We ordered a second one online and thanks to Amazon Prime we got it shortly after we got back home! Om Nom is a super cute character so I don’t blame my kids of wanting one. When the second toy arrived, it came in a little cardboard box labeled “feed with candy” just like in the game. Since my boys and I love baking together, I thought it would be fun to bake an Om Nom treat and this is what we came up with!
Before I get into the “how to”, I’d like to ask everyone to please check out my son’s new YouTube channel called “Abe’s World”. He does an adorable tutorial on how we made these Cut the Rope cupcakes! He has been pretending to make YouTube videos since he was four and I finally decided it was time to do the real thing. I’m so proud of how it turned out. He’s usually a very shy and quiet kid (like his mommy) and I just love seeing him come out of his shell.
Please check out his new channel and show your support by:
- “Liking” and commenting on his video
- Sharing on your social networks Your support is greatly appreciated!!!
Ok, now here are my instruction:
What you need:
- Baked and cooled cupcakes
- Vanilla Frosting
- Mini chocolate chips Light green sugar sprinkles (Wilton makes these and can be found at most craft stores)
- Green Mike & Ikes or jelly beans
- White fondant
- Black rope licorice (can be found at Bulk Food stores or Trader Joe’s)
- Rolling pin Star and oval fondant cutters
- Pop frosting in the microwave for about 10 seconds and stir it until smooth
- Dip cupcakes into the melted frosting
- Dip frosted cupcakes into te green sugar sprinkles
- Roll out fondant and cut eyes using oval cookie cutters. Place a mini chocolate chip for the eyeballs
- Roll out fondant and cut out teeth using the tip of a star fondant cutter
- Assemble cupcake by placing eyes, rope licorice and teeth for the smile and a Mike & Ike for the little antennae on top
I just couldn’t help myself, since Om Nom comes in a cardboard box I had to give him a home! I found some kraft cupcake boxes on Etsy and I cut out a hole on top. Isn’t he just adorable?!
These Cut the Rope Spider mini cupcakes were made using the same concept. I used chocolate frosting and chocolate sprinkles (or jimmies, whatever you call them). I used the black licorice to make legs and a halved red Mike & Ike for the tongue.
Hope you like them! Now if you’ll excuse me, I’m off to play…er… a certain game
Linked Up at: